- About Us
- Results Released
- Application Scenarios
- Resource Center
Smart reserve test bed
Wuhan Zillion IoT Technology Co., Ltd.
A nature reserve refers to the land, water, or sea on which protected objects reside, including a typical natural ecosystem, an area in which rare and endangered wild animals and plants are naturally concentrated, and natural monuments of special significance. The area is under special protection and management in accordance with the law. For many years, China's nature reserves have focused on manual management and lacked effective information management due to unavailable resources, causing varying degrees of damage to the environment and ecosystems of the nature reserves.
To effectively improve the ecosystem management of the reserve, the smart reserve solution takes into account application requirements of real-time onsite monitoring, reliable data transmission, and data model construction. This solution features low investment cost, wide monitoring area, comprehensive monitoring data, reliable and flexible operation, and high system scalability. Using advanced Huawei eLTE broadband and narrowband communication technology, Zillion NAS IoT sensor integration technology, and Hikvision video mining technology, this solution has advantages in wide coverage, multiple nodes, and all-day real-time monitoring. The solution provides stable data, network, and function assurance to achieve comprehensive environment awareness. It also effectively makes up for the high cost of routine ground monitoring, widely dispersed monitoring sites, lack of space-time continuity, and difficulty in comprehensively and quickly reflecting the environment quality and development trends. In addition, the solution enhances service control capabilities of nature reserves, such as video surveillance, joint command, and unified scheduling.
The aim of this test bed is to build a sample of smart reserves in the industry, obtain industry recognition, and implement incubation of this solution to lay a foundation for not only subsequent large-scale replication, but also the application of Big Data monitoring in environmental protection, water affairs, and agriculture.
Based on the advanced EC-IoT architecture, the smart reserve solution uses eLTE-IoT narrowband communication technology and advanced sensor technology to form a sensor network with seamless coverage in the reserve. This network will aggregate data of the reserve's water quality, hydrology, surrounding atmosphere, and weather. Based on the storage, calculation, and analysis of related data, the dynamic trend and relationship model of the environment and ecosystem can be obtained to provide a reliable and high-value basis for making decisions on ecological protection.
The smart reserve monitoring system uses Zillion EC-based simulation fitting technology, learns and accumulates a large amount of high-precision sensor information of standard sites to establish a quantitative basis for fuzzy sensor information, and continuously accumulates data on the relationship between low-precision and high-precision sensor information to form a corrected calculation model. The model is then applied on the edge of the sensor network to locally calculate a matching value. In this way, the low-cost sensors can carry out tests with higher precision and their application is of greater value. Because this technology can greatly reduce the required investment in the system, it can be further applied to digital monitoring in fields such as smart water, smart agriculture, and smart environmental protection.
By integrating with the eLTE broadband and narrowband communication network, advanced sensors, common NAT collectors, and back-end NAS network awareness system, the lab platform collects, monitors, and analyzes data of front-end sensors by using protocol, interface, and data convergence of the system in order to provide the dynamic trend and relationship model of the environment and ecosystem for users and provide reliable and high-value basis for making decisions on ecological protection.
What benefits does the lab platform offer customers?
(1) The lab platform uses protocol, interface, and data convergence of the system and various sensor communication libraries to detect the atmosphere, water, environment, and personnel activities in the reserve in plug-and-play mode, reducing initial deployment and commissioning costs of the system by 60%.
(2) The lab platform protects the investment in existing self-controlled devices and systems, and standardizes the interoperation between systems and products from different vendors in order to reduce system dependency, improve system compatibility, and facilitate unified management.
(3) The lab platform supports new monitoring requirements of the reserve in the future, and realizes quick expansion and access of various types of sensors without frequent upgrades to the system, greatly improving the scalability of the awareness system in the reserve.
(4) The lab platform uses the NAS awareness system, which features remote configuration, remote upgrades, and remote O&M. In addition, the NAT collector can flexibly adapt to the environment, and has advantages in IP65, 4 kV anti-surge, anti-ultraviolet, anti-explosion, integrated high-intensity body, low failure rate, and remote O&M capabilities, reducing O&M costs of the smart reserve by 30%.
(5) Based on the storage, calculation, and analysis of related data, the dynamic trend and relationship model of the environment and ecosystem can be obtained to provide a reliable and high-value basis for making decisions on ecological protection, greatly improving the management quality of ecological reserves in China.
What benefits does the lab platform offer SIs?
(1) The open and integrated system platform and visualized applications greatly reduce the workload of development and deployment generated by the original RTU data collection solution.
(2) The open platform uses open protocol communication libraries and database interfaces to enable information sharing and association between different application subsystems.
(3) The system supports mainstream narrowband communication networks, which make it convenient for users to select the network according to the actual requirements.
(4) With low expansion costs, the system can be expanded as required.
(5) The NAT collector provides hardware and firmware interfaces for interconnection with multiple types of sensors, laying a foundation for integrators to flexibly meet user requirements.
(6) The NAT collector builds a small-sized wireless network and expands the number of southbound wireless sensors to 500+.
(7) The distributed architecture improves system stability and reliability.
(8) The edge computing technology ensures real-time and fast implementation of the front-end algorithm, and provides sensor scalability based on the small-sized wireless sensor network, thus greatly enriching the edge computing function.
(9) OS level: The NAT collector contains security components to ensure system security.
The smart reserve combines Zillion NAS network awareness system and Huawei eLTE broadband and narrowband communication network to realize the awareness of comprehensive environment information of nature reserves. It also establishes an environment association model through Big Data mining, and provides advanced information tools for ecological protection and scientific management of nature reserves, greatly improving work efficiency.
It is predicted that the IoT market will be worth CNY1.5 trillion (about US$230 billion) in 2018, and 100 billion ICT terminals will have been deployed in the digital field by 2025. In China, there are about 2500 nature reserves. If the investment in each nature reserve is calculated as CNY10 million (about US$1.5 million), the investment in the entire market is over CNY25 billion (about US$3.8 billion). Wuhan Zillion NAS system solution combines with Huawei eLTE broadband and narrowband communication network to form the smart reserve solution. This solution will bring about exemplary effects for the digitalization of reserves and provide advanced IoT information tools for ecosystem and environment protection in China. Based on the smart reserve, this system can be used in markets such as smart environmental protection and smart water, which will bring greater business value.
The smart reserve system uses the brand-new EC-based IoT awareness technology and broadband and narrowband communication technology to:
▲l Implement full coverage of the IoT sensor network and obtain data of the reserve's water quality, hydrology, surrounding atmosphere, and weather in real time.
▲l Implement rapid law enforcement response, real-time monitoring, and pollution supervision to generate a report, lower the workload of personnel, and improve the work efficiency.
▲l Generate basic data of the change and trend of water quality and the ecosystem from the accumulated data, and provide a basis for a more efficient management mode.
▲l Flexibly adjust functions of sensors based on the existing investment to implement new monitoring and measurement capabilities, and predict and control multiple parameters of the ecosystem change in large areas.
The EC-based NAS awareness system supports the operation of all digital sub-systems in the industry. Currently, it is applicable to smart city, smart environmental protection, smart water, smart campus, and smart agricultural. With universal, integrated, and distributed edge computing capabilities, this system can solve the last-mile IoT problem of all industries' system integrators, accelerate the implementation of industry IoT, and improve the social informatization level and operation efficiency.